Mlazgar Associates Current Openings
We are looking to add to our team!
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Mlazgar Associates is looking for a new team member with a drive to succeed and excellent communication skills! We are a Minneapolis based Manufacturer's Representative Agency for the fast-paced lighting industry. This opportunity would provide an applicant with the necessary tools to develop and expand their skills into a successful career within the evolving world of solid state lighting and controls systems. Product and process training will be provided with many opportunities to grow within Mlazgar Associates, an industry leading agency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Acquire lighting knowledge, lighting controls knowledge and quotation skills through on the job training. Enter and maintain all project information in the Oasis system, until project is turned over to project management.
2. Provide competitive bids as assigned from internal and external customers, in the time frame required for the project, while maintaining profit. Enter and bid all projects that are assigned or defined in the quotation specialist territory.
3. Quotation specialist to coordinate prior-approvals for submittals to Engineers with Sales. The Quotation specialist is to communicate and review with sales specific submittal notes and circumstances and coordinate the most efficient and effective method of delivery.
4. Quotations specialist to schedule pre-bid meetings with our sales team to determine bid strategy.
5. Quotation specialist to collaborate with our sales team on feedback from distributors, construction and specification customers.
6. Quotations specialist to communicate with sales and report project feedback information for the weekly project meeting follow up.
7. Participate in customer events to promote Mlazgar Associates agency with our customers in all market segments. Some travel required.
8. Quotation specialist to build strong relationships with Mlazgar Associates manufacturers, specifiers, distribution and construction customers.
9. Proactively follow up on bid activity in a professional and positive manor.
10. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years previous quotation experience working with manufactures, distributors and construction customers. Demonstrates ability to develop and grow manufacture/distributor relationships.
SKILL: Excellent leadership and communication skills, ability to professionally represent Mlazgar Associates Inc. and ability to negotiate. Proficient with computer systems including order entry, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITY: To coordinate all price quotations with factories on public and private bid opportunities by specified bid date. Create, implement and communicate a bid strategy with distribution and construction customers that maximize Mlazgar Associates efficiencies and profit potential on all quoted projects.
WORK STRUCTURE: Reports to Quotations Manager
EMAIL RESUMES TO: TJ Sheldon at firstname.lastname@example.org
To enter, coordinate & execute all project management functions on assigned projects. Position includes executing project management procedures by utilizing the Oasis software system to maximize accuracy, productivity, and profitability. Oversee and manage all communications between manufacturers, customers and our agency for assigned projects to meet and exceed our customer's expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate submittal drawings for all assigned projects, which includes, but not limited to:
- Review all factory quotes for exceptions, request factory drawings as required, review all for accuracy, note any pending information requirements.
- Review with our internal department(s) when required.
- Coordinate submission of complete package through appropriate channels for formal approval.
2. Review and evaluate returned submittal review(s):
- Address all redlines and notes. Review with internal departments as needed.
- Provide response to customer recapping all changes made, actions taken and information required.
- Prepare resubmittal when required.
3. Coordinate project releases:
- Responsible for accuracy of part numbers and counts based on information provided by customers.
- Maintain project budget and maximize profitability. Review with internal departments.
- Enter project orders and submit to manufacturers communicating any special customer requirements.
- Organize delivery schedule requirements as required by customer & ensure timelines are met whenever possible.
4.Create and manage ship schedules on all assigned projects & project orders, provide regular updates to customer.
5.General communication & customer service on all projects:
- Provide detailed and frequent project communication to customers
- Warranty issues
- Damage replacements
- Technical/installation assistance
- Other assistance as requested by customer
6.Organize and maintain all project communications electronically using Oasis software system. Create physical paper files when required.
7.Provide detailed project information to company Principals and internal associates as required.
8.Prepare for and attend various meetings as required:
- Weekly project management status meeting
- Specific project meetings held with internal associates and/or external customers
- Manufacturer product training
9.Participate in customer events to promote the Mlazgar Associates agency with our customers in all market segments.
10.Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associates degree or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: Two years previous experience in project management or construction market preferred. Demonstrates ability to develop and grow manufacturer/distributor relationships.
SKILLS: Professionally represent Mlazgar Associates while executing excellent leadership, organization and communication skills. Ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize accordingly. Proficient with computer systems including order entry, MS Outlook, Excel, & Word. Ability to learn new software system.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITY: Responsible for managing and maintaining all individually assigned projects as well as project management procedures and communications between Mlazgar Associates departments, internal/external customers and manufacturers.
COMPENSATION: We offer competitive salaries, bonuses and benefits
SEND RESUMES TO: email@example.com